Previous topicNext topic

Help on recreating video

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
importion

Help on recreating video

Post by importion »

Hi Forum,

I found this program after looking at a super neat video on YouTube which can be found by searching for "Space Ambient Music Light Show Number 59" or by going directly to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=begJ8nBYkxo

Would anyone on here able to walk me through how to create this type of visualization or maybe even some key points to understand since I'm just starting out?

I am new to this program, just downloaded it now, and could really use some guidance. Thanks in advance!!

-J
calagax

Re: Help

Post by calagax »

That is one of mine. I have made a screen shot of the patch. The only tricky part is you will need the extended GL files that are available on the resources page and to use the file peppermintabstract
nwjwjb.png
nwjwjb.png (136.71 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
As you can see, there really is not much to it.
importion

Post by importion »

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This would have taken me a very long time to figure out if I could even do it. I have used this setup with a few 2D Scenes and it works really well. Quick question since you are obviously advanced: Is there a way to change the color pallet on this setup or a way to specify exactly what colors cycle through? I noticed there are some like very bright yellow/green that could be softened a little to make the visualization more pleasing.

THANKS AGAIN!!

-J
calagax

Post by calagax »

One way to change the color palette is to use the scale operator to limit how much it changes and the offset operator to set the range where it changes. It is not exact but you can get more control over it and at the very least keep it from using all of the colors.

You could also play with the colorRGB module instead of the colorHSB module and get a more exact control that way as it allows you tontrol the Red Green and Blue values individually.

I am not quite advanced at it yet
importion

Post by importion »

Thank you for that, I will play around with that also. Your posts have helped me so much to understand better what you can do with this program. Thanks again!!