Previous topicNext topic

2.11 beta

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
skarabee

2.11 beta

Post by skarabee »

Lots of workflow improvements in this beta. The isf editor is the icing on the cake. I'm far from being able to write a complete shader, but I slowly start to understand some basics. I have learned how to assign some variables to the mouse, experimenting is now easier with edit and reload.

Still have to understand how "Globals as variables" can help to achieve something that I could not do without this feature, at least when it comes to midi things, but I'm still experimenting and have already found some case where it can be useful.

About workflow improvements: Maybe a small expression editor could make things easier.

Back to testing...
Cococool

Re: 2.11 beta

Post by Cococool »

Maybe I'm stupid but I can't find the ISF and GLSL editors in this beta :(
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Have a look at the ISF section of the 2.11 User's Guide (Help > User's Guide, and then click on "Interactive Shader Format" in the table of contents). You will see where the menu options are :). There are no built-in editors though, just options to load the code into whatever external editor is associated with the file extension.
pinmode

Post by pinmode »

- Added ability to use Globals as variables in Expression modifier
Is this documented somewhere? Not sure how to refer to the Global from an Expression...
pinmode

Post by pinmode »

Nevermind, I found it in the 2.11 User's Guide under Global Parameters in Expressions.