Previous topicNext topic

Rolling Horizontal Text Credits

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
wsobeats

Rolling Horizontal Text Credits

Post by wsobeats »

Hi,

Is there a way to do rolling horizontal credits in Magic? Similar to the movie credits that flow down the screen but instead they travel from left to right.
Sadler

Re: Rolling Horizontal Text Credits

Post by Sadler »

You can scroll text in any direction with the transform node, even in the z-plane...

wsobeats

Post by wsobeats »

Hello,

OK. thanks. But how do i make it scroll? I use the Transform module but I've never seen a scroll feature and I haven't been able to figure out how yet. Do I use one of the modifiers? If so, which one? And do I put that modifier on a text file? Thanks

I'm assuming it has to do with rotating around a vector point.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

To have a Text module scroll on X, add an increase modifier to Translate X (+ve or -ve depending on scroll direction).

If you want a loop add a scale modifier after a ramp modifier on the X parameter of the Translate module instead.
wsobeats

Post by wsobeats »

Many thanks. Bless U and your offspring.
wsobeats

Post by wsobeats »

I got this to work but for some reason the it starts at bottom half of the text file. Any suggestions? also, how do you control the speed of the scrolling?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Add an offset modifier according to the length of your text and where you want it to start, To control the scrolling speed, adjust the Increase modifier up or down for the first method or the ramp*scale modifiers for the looping method.
wsobeats

Post by wsobeats »

Thanks again, bro. Never would have been able to figure that out without your help. Respect.