Previous topicNext topic

No true 0/dry on some of the new ISF effects

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
lovethatsoup

No true 0/dry on some of the new ISF effects

Post by lovethatsoup »

Ok, I have noticed that unlike Effects2D, some of the new ISF effects have no true "dry" setting..

Meaning a setting where the parameters are at absolute zero and the incoming signal is completely unaffected.

For example, City Lights(seemingly impossible to get anything close to a dry signal) and Glow Fast(both the in stylize sub folder)......

I don´t know I am missing something.....you can set all the parameters to zero(not in City Lights, Erode Radius has a minimum of 1.0), however, the signal is always affected...I find this highly unuseful as one can't modulate between dry and wet signals with these effects..

Is there a way around this, or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance
Magic
Site Admin

Re: No true 0/dry on some of the new ISF effects

Post by Magic »

The new ISF effects are generously provided as a courtesy from Vidvox and they come as they are :). If you want to fade from a "dry" setting, you can try using the Mix module to mix with the original incoming signal:
mix.jpg
mix.jpg (34.32 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

lovethatsoup wrote: ... some of the new ISF effects have no true "dry" setting ... where the parameters are at absolute zero and the incoming signal is completely unaffected...
This applies to other types of effects, eg FFGL, not just some ISF.

You can add a Mix module as shown in the photo. (Now corrected :oops: )
Mix.jpg
Mix.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
I would recommend the above approach for general use, but it would also be possible to modify an ISF module to add the dry-wet control internally.
lovethatsoup

Post by lovethatsoup »

THANKS so much the both of you!

That's what I was looking for, a mix module!