Previous topicNext topic

using another app window as video input

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Wouter

using another app window as video input

Post by Wouter »

Hi all, I have a Studio edition of MMV so I can't test much of the Performer option. So question:
I have a mirrored Ipad screen open on my laptop where I'm also running MMV. I'd love to use that ipad screen as an input in MMV.
Can this be done and how?

Extra question: does anyone know of a method to mirror a screen without wifi? Create your own wifi? Mirascreen?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: using another app window as video input

Post by Magic »

Unfortunately you can't capture video with the Studio edition. If you upgrade to Performer, you will have better options. The following post was actually in reference to a similar question you asked :): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1121&p=5085#p5085
Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Thanks for the swift reply! As the Performer also supports midi input i'm interested in upgrading. But ManyCam is a bit expensive given the limited function I would use it for. Do you know of a cheaper or open-source way for capturing an app inside MMV?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

One option might be to use OBS (https://obsproject.com/) to stream your desktop. Then you can use Magic's VideoStream module (in the Performer edition) to play the stream.