Previous topicNext topic

made a little tutorial about video editing & encoding

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
blackdot

made a little tutorial about video editing & encoding

Post by blackdot »

hi guys

i made a little video tutorial about editing and encoding your stuff in blender. topics explained: how to import into and export and encode out of blender using h264. how to do a simple loop/fade of an unloopable video, how to mess with resolution and aspect ratio, how to cut out the first few frames.

as many questions about video encoding and editing popped up, i figured this might be helpful. blender is free but a bit quirky, so the format of a video tut might explain better than forum answeres :).

i tried to be as quick as possible, it still takes 13mins though.

sorry about my weird voice and the fluctuating volume, i had to hold a mic in front of my mouth.
damstraversaz

Re: made a little tutorial about video editing & encoding

Post by damstraversaz »

useful, thanks a lot !
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

damstraversaz wrote:useful, thanks a lot !
gladly. maybe i should have posted this in the tutorial section.
Espen

Post by Espen »

I just downloaded DaVinchi Resolve to encode my videos - and i think this is a lot easier to use than Blender. It is FREE, and was originally created for Hollywood movie producers..! After seeing a few tutorials on it, im starting to think that this is a REALLY good piece of software, that im gonna use a LOT! I have heard some good thing about Blender too - but also that it is pretty difficult to understand, and that it takes a lot of setting it up to make it a good alternative for video editing... I remember trying it once a few years ago (briefly) but i the interface was not very "intuitive", so i gave it up without ever creating anything with it... Should probably have watched some tutorials on it though. Perhaps it is not as difficult as i believe..? I was mostly interested in its 3D drawing features...
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

@espen, it takes some getting used to but once you see past the clutterness, blender often allows for a fast workflow (eg. once you know the key shortcuts, you're very fast at doing things, but it's tedious at first). but hey itcs free and low budget, so what i get for that is pretty cool. but yes, it's a very broad piece of software, so its part to edit videos is worse, than a software thats specialized on that, like premiere.