Previous topicNext topic

3D textures issues

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
skarabee

3D textures issues

Post by skarabee »

It may be an issue on my side, but I encoutered some strange things with textures on 3D models. For any 3DS model, the textures are here (*speccol, *difcol and *ambicol), but no specular. From LWS format, I get the right specular, but no textures are loaded. So I had a little workaround to have both:
I exported my model in 3DS and LWS and combined them, with "colorize" ticked on the LWS version, and a color module set to 0 for all colors and alpha.

The models are made in Bryce, and they can be loaded correctly in Blender. I made some other 3DS models in Corel 3D, same behaviour.
3dslws.jpg
3dslws.jpg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
artnik

Re: 3D textures issues

Post by artnik »

Did you have to set a Z-Translation to keep the specular model in front? Or are you combining with a Blend module in 2D? Any Z-fighting?
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

I just reduced the 3DS model in the 3 axes with scale. This works for some simple models, but in this exemple, a simple torus, the internal diameter is reduced too, so it's not very accurate.

This is just a workaround, not suitable for project with several 3 D models. I would like to have the 3DS or LWS displayed correctly with the 3 image textures, if possible... ;)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I'll email you so I can get a copy of your files for testing.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Cool! Files sent, thank you.