Previous topicNext topic

Adding delay to sync with audio/video for streaming?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Abraxo

Adding delay to sync with audio/video for streaming?

Post by Abraxo »

My main use for this is to use it for live DJ performances (so full screen to a projector and run audio into the computer for live reaction).
But I also use this for when I stream, and that's where I'm experiencing an issue.
I'm using a capture card for my 1080p camera and that introduces a 2 second lag, in OBS I have set a delay on the audio to 2,000ms and it's right on the money with the video, however this causes the visuals from Magic to be ahead of the rest of the sources since I have audio routed from my dj controller into the line input on my pc.

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to delay Magic by ~2,000ms to compensate for this?
I saw somewhere where you'd have to add an InputSelector then add parameters for Delay and Threshold, but that didn't work (may be doing it wrong). Is that the only solution?

If I remember correctly, Magic loads video into VRAM when it's "live" and adding a delay to things means you need a good bit of vram, so for reference, the video card I'm using has 4GB of vram.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Adding delay to sync with audio/video for streaming?

Post by Magic »

It would be difficult if not impossible to achieve a precise video frame delay in Magic due to the dynamic nature of the frame rate. Also, it would require storing every video frame for the desired period. For two seconds, it would be 60fps * 2 = 120 frames. That's a lot of frames to store in VRAM :).

Using the Delay modifier might be a solution as long as you make sure to use it wherever you are linking to audio input in Magic. However, I'm not sitting at my computer right now but if I recall correctly, the maximum Delay is one second (for the same reason as above).
walmartian

Post by walmartian »

You might try using a virtual audio cable (voicemeeter,soundflower) to route audio from OBS to Magic rather than direct line-in. I don't use OBS but I believe it has audio output monitoring capabilities.
Good luck,
David
Abraxo

Post by Abraxo »

walmartian wrote:You might try using a virtual audio cable (voicemeeter,soundflower) to route audio from OBS to Magic rather than direct line-in. I don't use OBS but I believe it has audio output monitoring capabilities.
Good luck,
David
Thank you, I'll try this, it sounds viable!