Previous topicNext topic

Development and production

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
m3lvm

Development and production

Post by m3lvm »

Hi
I have purchased this program and think it is great.
I need to start creating shows with it, however I do not want to use the production pc to develop shows.
I would prefer to use a separate pc for that perpose, but I donot wish to buy a second license. Has anyone got any thoughts on this
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Development and production

Post by Magic »

I'm glad you've been enjoying it :).

Here's my thought: I've tried very hard to make Magic as affordable as possible, so even if you buy 2 licenses, it's still a pretty good deal compared to other programs that are out there. But I'm biased of course ;).
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

you could deactivate your licence on one machine, then reactivate it on another if i understood the problem correctly.
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

I would actually recommend using the same machine for development and production as you do for your live shows. Since MMV is running in real time, the specs of the machine have a great affect on the output. It's a lot easier to see what will negatively impact your frame rates etc if you create everything on the machine you do your shows with.
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

i agree with dj0le. there's also the idea of not changing a working system. there's so many layers of complexity and still everything has to run perfectly for it to work. so many areas of possible problems, etc. if i'd have the money i'd buy one of those 2500$ high end laptops with desktop gpu's inside, then do everything on that. unfortinately i'm stuck transporting my desktop around.