sample projects

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
M_Radio

sample projects

Post by M_Radio »

Hello my name is Bernd,

Unfortunately my English is very bad. :oops:
Nevertheless, I had a few questions. :?:
I hope someone can help me in the Forum here.

First question: Does anyone know if you can get or buy for "magic" more Sample Projects?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

says Bernd
Magic
Site Admin

Re: sample projects

Post by Magic »

Good question! A couple people have asked for that recently.

After 1.5 is released (in a couple weeks), I think we'll open a new forum for user-submitted projects and such. That way people can share cool things they've made.

We'll try to upload a new demo project or two to get things started. Also, we'll be releasing some shaders (for the GLSL module) which I think people will like.

Eric
chrisfrombmore

Post by chrisfrombmore »

A question about the sample projects and gsls shaders, the new shaders are great by the way, can they be used in commercial performances? For example a music video for a band? I'm specifically referring to the included examples not any original or derivative work.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Generally speaking, if there is no license statement in the file, it's probably ok to use for commercial purposes.

If there is a license statement, make sure it allows commercial use.

The main thing is to definitely *not* use anything that says this...

Code: Select all

// License Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
...but you could always try contacting the author to ask.

For anything that has an author, you could credit them somewhere, just to be nice :).
chrisfrombmore

Post by chrisfrombmore »

stealing other's creativity is a competitive sport I don't play.. I guess it's why I asked that question. It's hard to pay rent with pipe dreams, anything I can do (in my small pond) to get someone's work out there is well worth the time it takes to do the research. Not just because it feels like the right thing to do, it is, but through attempting to contact copyright owners I have had a lot of doors open for me, specifically the kind that get me more content.
This is a non sequitur but I had posted earlier about exporting Magic movies and syncing them up via MIDI with Resolume. This is probably a noob issue but I spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect frame/bit rate in which to export so that everything syncs up nice and s***hot. Those metrics, along with latency, might be slightly different depending on what system a VJ uses so posting exact specs is immaterial, suffice it to say things are on point now. First gig with the whole shebang is September 12th. Hell...I might as well plug: Mum's of Federal Hill, 1132 Light St. Baltimore, 10:30pm. I will most definitely post videos...if they turn out ok.