Previous topicNext topic

alpha mask

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
damstraversaz

alpha mask

Post by damstraversaz »

Hi,
I'm new here and use this great software since few days. that's really impressive, I was waiting for a modular , intuitive and so powerful ( especially since FFGL support) visual software like that, congratulations !
I have a little question about alpha mask, I'm missing how to create an alpha mask with a module to another ( for exemple a spectrum as a mask for an video). that 's surely possible and simple , but I don't find a way to do this.
thanks a lot for reading my poor english !

Damien
Magic
Site Admin

Re: alpha mask

Post by Magic »

Hey Damien, really glad you've been enjoying Magic.

We're actually working on a new module for alpha masking which will be available soon. But, in the meantime, you can try using the Invert module, which is a very similar effect. You might need to adjust the color after inverting, but you can get good results.

As an example, we used the Invert module for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBnp0y0XBQU

Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

Eric
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

hi Eric
thanks a lot for the answer ! Using the invert module make sense, I miss this. A module for alpha mask is really a great idea, the software will be improved by this type of module, without loosing the modular an "tweaking " aspect ( like an opacity module in an other topic).
I will make some tests. I have some ideas for magicmusic visual,especially for live use but I need to practice it a little more , as I just begin to work with it. The concept is great and unique as you have found a great balance between modular, creation, instinct workflow ,exploration and ( that's important for me) live situation. I'm very impressed too by the low ressource usage.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

I make a try , but miss the logic... I will wait for the alpha mask module. It could be great to have more demo projects, it's a good way to learn how to use a software, and magicmusicvisuals is so rich, there is a lot to do ! I learn a lot with your project and it's give me a lot of ideas.