Previous topicNext topic

Analog video input source

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
funkric

Analog video input source

Post by funkric »

Hello, i am a new user
Great software this Magic visual ;)
Just a question about my USB video card capture... it is a ion video 2 go brand , and i would to use it because i´m working with an analogue video sintesyzer with AV connettors. This usb video card for capture images doesnt work properly with Magic Visual.. yeah right it doesnt really work at all.. Magic Visual dont recognize that usb video interface as a video input but recognize it as an audio source...
My question is: can i use this type of video card hardware with Magic visual ? or i need something specific ?

Thank you so much
Riccardo
Terry Payman

Re: Analog video input source

Post by Terry Payman »

Here's an unofficial answer, which perhaps applies only to Windows.

A forthcoming version of Magic will work directly with more capture cards and sources, specifically those that use the older technology DirectShow interface.
At the moment it's sometimes necessary to use extra software such as ManyCam https://manycam.com in between the source and Magic.

Magic can "see" ManyCam's virtual camera, so if ManyCam can "see" your capture card output then Magic can too if you select device "ManyCam Virtual Webcam" in Magic's VideoCapture module.

There's a free version of ManyCam, so you can try without risk to see if it works with your capture card.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140