Previous topicNext topic

Audio Issues

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
WilsonWilliam

Audio Issues

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Hi

I audio out is not working when I play .mov or .mp4 files. Any help.

thanks

Wilson William
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Audio Issues

Post by Magic »

Are you referring to playing .mov or .mp4 videos in the VideoFile module?
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Eric wrote:Are you referring to playing .mov or .mp4 videos in the VideoFile module?

Yes Eric.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That's what I figured :). The VideoFile module doesn't play audio (and in fact none of the modules do). The way to get audio into Magic is via the Audio/MIDI window: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... nputWindow

Sometimes you can directly load a .mov or .mp4 file into the Audio/MIDI window, but sometimes you will have to separate the audio into its own file.
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Thanks Eric for the quick reply. Will try your suggestion.
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Eric wrote:That's what I figured :). The VideoFile module doesn't play audio (and in fact none of the modules do). The way to get audio into Magic is via the Audio/MIDI window: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... nputWindow

Sometimes you can directly load a .mov or .mp4 file into the Audio/MIDI window, but sometimes you will have to separate the audio into its own file.
Hi Eric

Thanks for your quick response. can you elaborate the way of playing the audio & video in sync. Also as mentioned by you, I am not able to load the video files like .mov or .mp4 into the Audio/MIDI window.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Let me know if these posts help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=605
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=542
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Eric wrote:Let me know if these posts help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=605
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=542
Thank you Eric for the help. It works now. But for Live shows environments it will be bit difficult for us to have the control of playback of AVs.

You may consider some help to in your future updates.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Can you describe exactly what kind of playback control you need? The thing is, Magic is not really meant to be used for playing back audio in a live environment. There are other programs which would let you have better control.
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Eric wrote:Can you describe exactly what kind of playback control you need? The thing is, Magic is not really meant to be used for playing back audio in a live environment. There are other programs which would let you have better control.
Hi Eric
Thank you once again. I thought of using magic to create cues for audio visual files and to play back in events, where we will errors are not tolerated and transition between the cues has to be smooth.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Strictly from a VJing standpoint, you might want to have a look at things like Resolume, Grand VJ, VDMX, etc. They are all more expensive than Magic, but I'm pretty sure they let you trigger video clips with audio in the way you're looking for.

Or, if you're coming from more of a theatre background, you might want to look at QLab, which is kind of the industry standard in that area.
WilsonWilliam

Post by WilsonWilliam »

Thanks for your suggestions Eric. I am actually an user of Dataton Watchout . I am looking for an alternative one to be used in smaller events. I don't deny that magic is an highly cost effective and a very good Vjing software.