Previous topicNext topic

Help! NDI plug install

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Morleyrigged

Help! NDI plug install

Post by Morleyrigged »

Hey guys,

Newbie here with Magic, I've been using resolume mostly for visual work but I bought Magic as I love the idea of NDI into magic and out back into resolume.

The issue is I've tried everything to get this plugin to show up in Magic & I just can't get it to show up?

From what I understand I do this:
I goto the "Releases page I found here:
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/resources -> https://github.com/leadedge/MagicNDI/releases

I download MagicNDI_v1021.zip (Also tried MagicNDI_v1020.zip) and unzip to a folder that's handy.

I copied the Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll to where I installed magic, (where the folder I see Magic.exe) and paste. I then take MagicNDIsender.dll & MagicNDIreceiver.dll and I put them in the root plugin folder I made & then defined as an 'additional module folder...' in the app & restart but I don't see it when the app comes back when I right click in the app -> add. I tried putting these in a folder called "NDI" or "MagicNDI_v1021" in the parent plugin folder but still nothing. For fun I even put the DLL's or folders containing the NDIs in the built in modules folders. Still nothing.

I read "If you wish to keep updated as NDI is revised, delete "Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll" and download and install the NDI runtime when prompted." so I did try removing this file various times as well.

I test NDI to OBS from resolume and it works so.. Don't suspect issue with NDI on my sys but I did reinstall the https://github.com/obs-ndi/obs-ndi/releases page just incase and rebooted and tried all those tests again.

I even learned how to use VS 2022 to built my own versions of the DLL from the solutions they provided but still no luck after repeating those same tested and making sure to download the current Spout and NDI etc from their github.

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong?

thanks gang!
Chris
Sadler

Re: Help! NDI plug install

Post by Sadler »

I was rocking 10.16 of NDI plugins for a gig a short while ago from my PC across a switch to a mac, live streaming the performance through OBS. That worked without any of the difficulty you seem to be having. I upgraded to 10.21 now and it still works (get a test image) without issue and didn't have to update and Processing.NDI libraries.

Here's what I have in my Magic config now:

Code: Select all

<VALUE name="addtlModuleFolders">
    <addtlModuleFolders>
      <file name="V:\Effect Modules\ISF"/>
      <file name="V:\Effect Modules\FFGL64"/>
      <file name="V:\Effect Modules\MagicNDI_v1021"/>
    </addtlModuleFolders>
  </VALUE>
This reflects what I see in the additional folders dialogue. If you have any FFGLs, temporarily move one into the folder with the NDI plugins and see if you can see that. You should see three nodes, the FFGL together with two NDI nodes.