Previous topicNext topic

Movie Export problems Magic 2.0

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jstark

Movie Export problems Magic 2.0

Post by jstark »

Hey,

Is anyone else having issues exporting .mp4 files in Magic 2.0? We've been using Magic for a little over a year now and have exported a couple of dozen .mp4 files before the update. Here's my issue;

I navigate to file>export movie...

If I have Image sequence (.png) selected the input bar above reads (Select an output folder) If I click on it I get a Browse for Folder navigation window popup and everything goes swimingly.

If I have Movie file (.mp4) selected the input bar above reads (Select an output file name) (as it should) but if I click on it, or the separate [...] button, nothing happens. It won't let me select an output file. If I select [Go!] without specifying a file name nothing happens. Presumably because it doesn't know where to send the output.

The settings don't seem to make a difference but I'm trying 50 or 100 Mbps, 1024x1024, 30 fps, length of the song in time, and using the playlist.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Movie Export problems Magic 2.0

Post by Magic »

I did have one other user tell me about it, but it's not specific to 2.0: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=772&p=3391

The issue seems to be that the default path can't be found. The default path is the last path you used, so if it's unavailable (such as a network drive or a removable drive), it stalls for a long time. I'm not sure why, but luckily it's a pretty easy fix.

The following steps will remove the default path completely:

1. Make sure Magic isn't running
2. Navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\MAGIC
3. Open MAGIC_1_0.xml (this is the Magic preferences file) in a text editor
4. Delete the entire lines that contain lastMp4Folder, lastPngFolder, and lastMediaDir
5. Save the file and re-start Magic.

If that doesn't work, let me know. Another (easier) thing you can try is to just delete the entire MAGIC_1_0.xml file, but it will reset all your preferences, which might be inconvenient if you have things set up the way you like.
jstark

Re: Movie Export problems Magic 2.0

Post by jstark »

Wow, terrible luck that this happened the day I upgraded. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks.