Previous topicNext topic

Video file module question

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jenz

Video file module question

Post by jenz »

Hi!

Is it possible to choose a video in a folder randomly or via midi/audio like in the jpeg folder module?

Thanx!
jenz

Re: Video file module question

Post by jenz »

I guess I could use several video file modules piped in the input selector module to do it right?

Any other ways to do this?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That's what I would do. And you can use it with the Random Trigger modifier to select a random input.
jenz

Post by jenz »

Thanx! I must be missing a modifier in the chain because it always bounces back to the first video. I must understand more the modifiers...

Also, is it possible that the videos continue to play and not reset when it is chosen?

Thanx!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Yes, there are so many ways to change values with modifiers it can be tricky to know what to do first. Trigger (Integer) modifiers will need a Wrap set to the number of inputs. Trigger (random) will need a scale set to the number of inputs and (optionally) a step set to 1.

Turn off "Scene Start" in the video module to allow videos to continue.
jenz

Post by jenz »

Thanx for your answers! I’ll try that!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

What Sadler said is mostly correct ;), but you wouldn't want to use a Step modifier after the Random Trigger, because it will round up and thus select too high of an Input #. The Random Trigger is specifically configured to generate a random number between 0 (including 0) and 1 (*not* including 1). This way, if the Random Trigger is followed by a Scale modifier set to 5 (for example), you will only have inputs 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 selected, which is what you want.

The Input Selector will automatically round the parameter to the nearest value *below* it, so if the modifiers produce 3.9999, input #3 will be selected.

Hope this makes sense :).
jenz

Post by jenz »

This is some great info Eric thanx!

It would be great to have a torough video tutorial on all modifiers.

Man I love this app! It seems that I have only scratched the surface of the possibilities in one year...