Previous topicNext topic

OpenGL ES

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Nickl

OpenGL ES

Post by Nickl »

I am hoping to be able to create shaders on my iPad to use with Magic. The various apps I have found all produce shaders using OpenGL ES - will these run on Magic or will I need to modify the code? I appreciate that this may be a "how long is a piece of string" type question, but some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Re: OpenGL ES

Post by Magic »

To be honest I'm not an expert in OpenGL ES, but I think it's pretty similar. As far as I know, ES is a subset of regular OpenGL, so it should be mostly compatible.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to create shaders on your iPad? It seems like it would be more difficult than creating them on a regular computer. But that's just my initial impression I guess.
Nickl

Post by Nickl »

Thanks for the response Eric. I like the immediacy of the iPhone/iPad. They are on all the time and I always have one or both close to hand - if I have an idea I can quickly capture it or I can work on things in odd moments. My use of the PC is more planned/ task oriented - I can only use it in the house and it is usually switched off so I have to switch it on etc. The initial ideas for my songs are usually sketched out on my iPhone or iPad, and I write all my lyrics on them too, and I then switch to the PC to develop things further.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That makes sense :)