macOS Video Capture Sources

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi,

Looking to run the output of a Blackmagic UltraStudio into Magic Performer 2.31 on macOS 11.6. Not having luck getting the VideoCapture module to show any input sources other than the built in FaceTime HD camera.

What I've tried:

[list=]Route the UltraStudio through OBS, and enabling the Virtual Camera there
Also enable NDI output in OBS
Route the UltraStudio through ManyCam[/list]

With the above methods, both OBS and ManyCam show up as video sources in other apps (e.g. Zoom), but not in Magic Performer.

Appreciate any pointers.

Cheers,
Joe
Joe13

Re: macOS Video Capture Sources

Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure this is related to a macOS permission issue with loading plugins. Please contact us via our contact page (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/contact) and we will let you try an updated version of Magic.
Eric
Site Admin

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 am

Looking for assistance as Ive tried multiple capture cards and webcams as videocapture modules where they appear and are seen but no image comes through to be visible. Any thoughts?
DJMisterE

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Not sure, but as a first step, I recommend you contact us to get the updated version as described above.
Eric
Site Admin

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:22 pm

My experience with the updated version is that it enabled the missing capture devices. From there, mixed results. An OBS virtual camera worked but the Blackmagic Decklink input resulted in only black. (Unless run through OBS’s virtual camera, which isn’t really what I want.)

Wasn’t sure if there are any format assumptions for resolution and frame rate? Didn’t see any options to set.

Joe
Joe13

Return to General Discussion

© 2021 Color & Music, LLC • This web site is mobile-friendly