Previous topicNext topic

Cropping Black Bars of VideoFile

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
olazzzzz

Cropping Black Bars of VideoFile

Post by olazzzzz »

Hi everyone,

I have made a video with a musical score (a sequence of jpgs, basically). Because the different pictures have different sizes, the video I got at the end has black bars of different sizes, depending on the score being shown. So cropping the videofile won't work.
The idea would be for any score to be surrounded by the background color, or in other words to get rid of the black bars.
Is there a way to do this?

Thank you again!
Attachments
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (103.82 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Cropping Black Bars of VideoFile

Post by Magic »

If you are asking how to set a background color, you can just use a Polygon module, Scale it to fill the screen, and then set the color to whatever you want.
olazzzzz

Post by olazzzzz »

Hmm, no, I'm asking if I can get rid of black bars on a videofile, not by cropping it but by another process. I placed the red background just to make it clear that there are black bars surrounding the score.
Thank you for the help!
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

I think you may need to remake your video file, but with a green backgound rather than black in the regions you wish to make transparent when the file is played in Magic. Use the Chromakey module to render these green regions transparent.
Valis

Post by Valis »

If the jpegs have nothing behind them and you enable alpha, there's no need for green/colorkey.

However, why not just scale the jpeg sequence vertically? I presume the sequence is played from a single module, so apply a scale modifier on that output and scale to fit. Judging from the treble clef it needs to be scaled anyway.
olazzzzz

Post by olazzzzz »

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all your answers.
I tried the approach Terry recommended and it worked perfectly.
Thank you again, community support is one of the things that makes Magic great.